What information do we collect from users and how is it used?The following describes the types of personal and other information the Company may collect about you, and how the Company may use and keep that information, including, but not limited to: Registration. Before you can utilize certain services that we offer on the Site or otherwise, we may require that you register with the Site and provide us with your email address, a password and other contact information and personal details. We use this information for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of certain services. We may keep this information indefinitely. Members. To fully utilize the services we offer, you may be required to fill out forms that will contain personal information for the person who will use our services such as name, address, telephone number, account information and other personal information relevant to the said person’s diagnosis and treatment. Medical Records. In order for the medical professionals giving second opinions regarding your health, you may be required to provide us with past and current medical records, digital scan data in DICOM format, description of symptoms, a medical history and life-style descriptions. Correspondence. If you correspond with us via email, we may gather in a file specific to you the information that you submit. We may keep this information indefinitely. IP addresses. Like many other websites, Company collects information about users’ utilization of our Site. This information helps us to design our Site to better suit our users’ needs. For example, our Site may track your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
To whom does Company disclose information about you that we collect?
Company will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of the personally identifiable information that we collect about you, except when we have your permission or in any of the following situations:
- We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors who perform services for Company in order to provide certain services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
- We may disclose the results of aggregated data about you for marketing or promotional purposes (for example, that a certain percentage of our Site’s users are living in Hong Kong). In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password, is not disclosed to marketing advertisers at all, even in aggregate form.
- We may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of its assets or business. Company does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
- We may disclose information about you for purposes such as to provide services available on the Site; to enforce our members’ rights; to protect against actual or potential fraud; to resolve member inquiries or disputes; to receive payments; to carry out our business; to protect the confidentiality or security of our records; to administer preventive health and case management programs; to perform underwriting, auditing and ratemaking functions; to enable our service providers to perform marketing services on our behalf and inform Members about our own products or services; to comply with laws and other applicable legal requirements.
- Moreover, we may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on our Site or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. Company reserves the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
Your Rights Regarding Your Protected Health Information
You have certain rights regarding protected health information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Access Your Protected Health Information. You have the right to review or obtain copies of your protected health information records, with some limited exceptions. Your request to review and/or obtain a copy of your protected health information records must be made in writing. We may charge a fee for the costs of producing, copying and mailing your requested information, but we will tell you the cost in advance.
- Right to Amend Your Protected Health Information. If you think that protected health information maintained by us is incorrect or incomplete, you may request to amend the information. Your request must be made in writing and must include the reason why you are seeking a change. We may deny your request if, for instance, you ask us to amend information that was not created by us, as is often the case for health information in our records, or you ask to amend a record that is already accurate and complete.
If we deny your request to amend, we will notify you in writing. You have the right to submit to us a written statement of disagreement with our decision and we have the right to rebut that statement.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to request an accounting of disclosures we have made of your protected health information. The list will exclude our disclosures related to your treatment, our payment or health care operations, and disclosures made to you or with your authorization. The list may also exclude certain other disclosures, such as for national security purposes.
Your request for an accounting of disclosures must be made in writing and must state a time period for which you want an accounting. This time period may not be longer than six years. Your request should indicate in what form you want the list (for example, on paper or electronically). We may charge for providing the accounting, but we will tell you the cost in advance.
- Right to Request Restrictions on the Use and Disclosure of Your Protected Health Information. You have the right to request that we restrict or limit how we use or disclose your protected health information for your diagnosis, payment or treatment. We may not agree to your request. If we do agree, we will comply with your request unless the information is needed for an emergency. Your request for a restriction must be made in writing. In your request, you must tell us: (i) what information you want to limit; (ii) whether you want to limit how we use or disclose your information, or both; and (iii) to whom you want the restrictions to apply.
- Right to Receive Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that we use a certain method to communicate with you or that we send information about you to a certain location if the communication could endanger you. Your request to receive confidential communications must be made in writing. Your request must clearly state that all or part of the communication from us could endanger you. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
- Contact Information for Exercising Your Rights. You may exercise any of the rights described above by contacting our Company as follows: Taipan Health Limited Rm 1612, 16/F, Hong Kong Plaza, 188 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong email@example.com
How can you correct or update information that we collect about you?You may correct or update information collected about you by managing your account profile or by contacting Company at the email or mailing address noted below. We will use reasonable efforts to update our records. For our records, we may retain original and updated information for reasons such as technical constraints, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and agreement enforcement.
What is our policy on children users of our Site?We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and learn that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a Company account, then you may alert Company at the address below and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.